Friday, September 17, 2010

My Personal Trait Test

Techno Assignment 2: Reflections/insights on your personal traits test.


Many individuals had been taking the personal traits test to know their skills, and basically to know their personal traits. So that they could determine where could they excel the most, and to improve themselves (there personal traits) to fit on to something and to attain their dreams and goals.

Having the personality traits test as a measurement of an individual capabilities and limitations is a good approach when making a certain decision. Decision making such as being involved in a business or what we termed as being a technopreneur. Perhaps they could be assuring of their own knowledge and skills to surpass and be on the top of the hierarchy on a certain field.

Understanding the importance of the personality traits test, it goes somewhat like this: it helps us know our capabilities, our talents or should I call it skills. It helps us improve our own selves by giving us a ranking of the results to inform us where we really belong and to inform us what skills to improve in order to be more competitive.

Personal traits test also includes the self mastery. As I said knowing your own self before taking a move is a good approach on having a certain decision. For self mastery is one of the elements needed to be a good technopreneur. Mastering your own self would help you know your limitations.

Last meeting we had our test, our personal traits test. I had taken the test, answered all the questions according to what I feel to choose and must do in a given situation and scenario. Amazingly, as we checked our answers to total the result and to know our capabilities, the result of my test was a total of 43.and by the way that personal traits test were given to rank our technopreneurial skills, therefore, having such a score would rank me up to having the potential and skills of being a technopreneur someday.

On our last assignment, we were task to answer a given question. The question goes like this: How did you see yourself as a technopreneur? And my answer to that question was somewhat like this: The field of technopreneurship and being a technopreneur, stills has a chance of coming up with a good result and a great success. (And this is a part Before going to the main question, let me first define the meaning of technopreneurship to make it all clear. As what I had understood, the term technopreneurship coming from the word itself “techno” which basically means technology, and “entrepreneurship – preneurship “ which surely means business. In other words, or to shorten it all up, technopreneurship is a business which involves and deals with the use of technology as its media. Putting and individual/being involved or running a business needs a lot of decision-makings for it is risky and complicated as it already is. An entrepreneur or technopreneur must be aware on all things specially about on what he must do to package his products to the customers, must be wise and intelligent enough to handle different sets of situations in order to survive the long run of business.

The question is, how do I see myself as a technopreneur, honestly and frankly speaking, I am in a big doubt on my skills of being a technopreneur. Describing my characteristics would absolutely conclude a big percentage or chance of failure. Though I could give it a try anyway, I am a man who faces challenges in a way I want it to be, quitting is not my habit but I merely do know when to end it all when it is badly needed.
So now, going back to the question of being a technopreneur, being a good technopreneur needs to be a good leader. Let us focus on the side of the characteristic leadership, for leadership deals a big factor specially when an individual is said to be or to become an entrepreneur or technopreneur, and for the reason that good leaders always excel or surpass anytime and anywhere despite of any reasons that might stop him from doing what he believe is right. As I had mentioned earlier, I am a good follower but to think that I may be a good leader is a big doubt and maybe there’s a big “no” on it. Let me prove it and let us have a good example: let’s base this one in school activities or class activities, most of the times when the school or rather the teacher for example has given a activity to be worked on as a group, I always pick and play the role of being a follower or a member. I always avoid the position of being a leader, because being a leader means having the whole responsibility and for sometimes being a leader takes a lot of confidence and managerial skills and abilities, and these are too bustle on my part as a part of the group. Hence I would rather be a good and obeying member that organize and handle things myself. But sometimes, when no one would take the place of being a leader because if some certain reasons and knowing that I am one of the few who is not so loaded with all the things, I myself would start acting like one just for the sake of having an organizer and to build everything up.

Here I a brief conclusion: I am not qualified of being a good leader and most of all being a good technopreneur because of my lazy habits who always messes things that are should be done. Because a good technopreneur or an entrepreneur is a good leader, and a good leader is hardworking. By the way, I am not putting my self down, having these imperfections serves as a challenge to deal with. A challenge that would help me grows and matures more and finds the real meaning of life.

On the other hand, let us be neutral. I do also have some good qualities of being a good technopreneur, but most of it could be achieved or would show up in critical ways. Let me site some of the qualities and characteristics; it includes: being a risk-taker – because I am one of those people who possess that characteristic especially when the percentage or rate of success is higher than the failing rate. Hardworking (if it is badly needed and when time pushes me in a critical condition and leaving me no other choice). A positive tinker but still I am in a doubt regarding of being a good leader. So now, am I qualified of being a technopreneur? I would surely say yes! Indeed I am qualified of being one, just a little work on my attitude and it would be all fixed up.

And also with the help of good followers or members, I think I could handle things. And coming up with a good idea or concept to package our products, I think I could also be a good technopreneur. Maybe I am not as good as Steve Jobs were, but who knows? I myself might see myself at the top and done greater things than he does and had achieved.

I do wonder if I will be given an opportunity to become or follow Steve Jobs career path, would I take the risk. Could I handle the pressure? Could I handle the challenges? These are some of the question, which are needed to be answered, not by other people, but instead I must answer it myself. I who definitely know myself, my capabilities and limitations as a human being. And hopefully when that time comes, I could already come up with a good positive answer and be prepared to take over the big challenges life would slap on me. To win and take over those challenges and pressures, and be a part of something new and interesting world of technopreneurship.

Indeed being a technopreneur is a tough thing to be, for it just not only requires being intelligent, still there are so many aspects and involves a lot of things to consider before reaching the top. But possessing a good mindset will give you a great achievement. And as a fruit of being hardworking, being a technopreneur opens an individual lot of choices to make. Though must be wiser to pick the right one in order to have a good outcome.

But still, putting myself in that shows I am a risk-taker). Although I am not as business minded as some geeks were, I will still strive and make my way out to achieve success. For as long as there is a crisis, there are still ways to negotiate with the people, make a business and earn money, you just need to be creative and see things in a different way.

And by the way, being a good technopreneur involves being an optimistic, as what I had mentioned “seeing things in a different way”, must see things in a different way to see the brighter side of it. Seeing happiness despite of loneliness is just like seeing a business in the middle of a big crisis. And also, being optimistic would surely be a good help especially when having too many challenges to over come. This would help a technopreneur have a good mindset for a better out come.

Let us define what personal traits are. We may refer to our character, attitude, physical appearance, social interactions, skills, intellects, and etc.

Personality is made up of the characteristic patterns of thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that make a person unique. In addition to this, personality arises from within the individual and remains fairly consistent throughout life. In other words, this means that personality traits are the distinguishing characteristics or components that make us. The variants of qualities and characteristics are distinctive to a group, nation, place, etc and it depends primarily on their beliefs, customs, traditions, etc. The sum of such qualities seen as being capable of making, or likely to make, a favorable impression on other people and the personal engaging manner or qualities. Which are the primary tools in having good place in technoprenuership, to excel nad be competitive in this field. 

Let us take some phrases out from my own answer. I am in a big doubt of my technopreneurial skills. Now being futuristic, I could already conclude a total failure of my own business. I am just a good follower, but not a good leader at all. I am just a lazy man who always messes thing up and to think that I could not accomplish anything at all.

So basing on those phrases I had taken and relating it to the result of the personal traits test, there is just only a thing missing. It is the confidence of standing on my own feet, to lift up my personality and be proud of it. Its not that I am or had been boastful because of the result, it is because of knowing my real capabilities and to strive more harder to achieve and attain my own goal, to gain more confidence, to help and improve my own self, to excel at my own risk and be proud of my achievements.

The result of the test had really lift me, had lift me mentally to the extent of having a good perspective as I strive on becoming and being a technopreneur one day in case that I am done with my field as an IT. It had given me the chance and the hope to grow more, mature more and trust myself, to persevere, and to be more competitive and to have such confidence on believing to my skills. It had served as a stepping stone and an opening for a new and challenging branch of my life. Knowing that I could be on of some technopreneur is indeed an exciting thing to discover. Maybe one day, as I move on my career and exceed on my field, I could be a technopreneur, to make and earn my own income without leaving the world of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment